Careers at Access Power
Access Power always seeks to hire professionals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who are creative, intelligent and demonstrate initiative.
Access Leadership Program
At Access Power, our interns work on projects that matter - and your team will rely on your skills and insights to help deliver those projects to market. You'll get the opportunity to work on real projects and have fun along the way. This is your chance to show off your skills and work on cutting-edge technology. We offer internships in all domains. Join us now!
Interested candidates with applicable experience are invited to submit their CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
Renewable Energy Project Developer (Only French speaking candidates)
Access Power is going through a growth phase and is looking to hire a Project Developer to lead the team’s power project development activities in Sub Sahara Africa and Central Asia. The candidate would be reporting to the Head of Business Development, and would be responsible for leading the development of IPPs from project concept (solicited and unsolicited transactions) to financial close. The candidate would be joining a highly successful team and work for a company whose strategy is to be the leading renewable energy company in Emerging Markets. The company is focused on growing its asset portfolio through winning IPP tenders, financially closing bilaterally negotiated transactions and acquisitions of Greenfield or late stage, developed projects. The Project Developer would be expected to:
- Be fluent in French (Non-French speakers please DO NOT APPLY)
- Be well rounded with a good understanding of the development lifecycle of a tendered or negotiated IPP project. (Renewable experience preferred)
- Have a good understanding of IPP related project documents like PPA/IA/GCA/EPC/O&M contracts etc;
- Have a good understanding of the IPP frameworks and bankability concerns
- Good understanding of general designs and frameworks for solar and wind power plants from a commercial standpoint (preferred but not mandatory)
- Have experience of negotiating commercial contracts like EPC/O&M etc
- Have experience negotiating SHAs/MoUs/other equity arrangements
- Strong presentation skills and ability to make project presentations to Investment committees
- Manage existing and future projects within the company’s portfolio
- Manage and monitor the preparation of technical and commercial permits and licenses necessary for the project
- Manage day-to-day relationships with local project stakeholders (financial institutions, local partners, local Government authorities, advisors, EPCs, etc.)
- Negotiate technical and commercial contracts
- Oversee IPP solar and wind projects currently under development
- Manage, mentor and train junior colleagues
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- At least 4-5 years of experience of working as an IPP developer (or similar positions), with track record of at least one financial close;
- Proven experience in project management and project finance (experience of working with DFIs and Multilaterals)
- Experience of working with advisors such las lawyers, engineers, insurers, tax advisors, ESIA consultants etc.
- Preferably from a technical background, however MBAs or similar managerial backgrounds are also welcomed
- Be able to structure complex challenges/situations and find solutions
- Proven experience in commercial and technical renewable energy contracts such as Power Purchase Agreements, Implementation Agreements etc.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Fluent in French and English
- Pro-active, dynamic and rigorous
- Be able to work in a fast moving, entrepreneurial environment with the ability to work autonomously when required;
- An ambition and desire to join a growing company and to contribute to the development impact in Sub Saharan Africa and Central Asia.
The position is based at the company’s headquarters in Dubai, UAE. Compensation package is directly related to the candidate’s skills set and relevant track record.
Applicable candidates should send their cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org